quirky holiday menus and recipes, entre' and main meal menus and recipes, easy to cook meals, FUN COOKING,CHILDREN'S MENUS AND RECIPES, COOKING FOR KIDS, QUIRKY MENUS AND RECIPES FOR KIDS, delicious dessert menus, scrumptious main meal and entre' menus and recipes, quirky recipes, children's menus and recipes,
Hi and welcome to
QUIRKY, FUN and EASY
RECIPES for KIDS and ADULTS
kid and pet friendly holiday homes
Here are some menu ideas and "food" to consider bringing for whilst you are on holiday....
Why not spoil yourself with some really simple,
yet delicioustreats while you are on holiday....
Try something totally new!! Give you and your tastebuds a memorable experience....like....
munching onpanfried brains
Orstick with a few easy favourites,
like boiledbabypotatoes with freshsalmon fillets to grillon thebarbie!!
thickslices ofhoney bakedham,succulent spinach or silverbeet
and bigjuicy mushroomsto enjoy with your freshly poached or friedeggs!!
Youcould also buysome "easy" pancake mix or fresh wafflesto toast for brekky or dessert!
Consider bringing theseingredients foramouthwateringtopping!!
Strawberriesblueberries and bananasmarinated inmaplesyrup, orange juicewith hot butterandasplash of
cointreau with freshmascarpone.
Bring along some ooey gooey stinkycheeses,quince paste, fresh figs, fruit, bikkies and dipsas well as somegood ol'"cheezles"and"chips"
If you don't feel likecooking and would like a break, why not just bring easy pre-made fresh or frozen meals, like lasagneor an assortment of pre- packed TV dinners and enjoy them with a quick and easy fresh garden salad!. 79cent noodles won't hurt the kids once in a while either! You can add a little tin of tuna or an egg on top for added protein!
Make it easy for yourself MUM!!
You could even inspire the kids to create a meal for everyone, look up quirky recipes for kids on the main menu!
"Fluffy Pink" mashed potato
4 medium sized potatos
table spoon butter
1/4 cup or less of cream or milk
tin of beetroot (to use juice)
salt and pepper
sauce pan with lid
bread board for chopping
1. Fill saucepan half full with water, add a little pinch of salt as that helps the water to boil quicker! Place it carefully on the stove hot plate , put the lid on the saucepan and turn dial to high.
2. peel and cut each potao into about 4 to 6 pieces.
3. when water is boiling, carefully place cut potatos in the
saucepan, don't drop in, or they will spalsh
(Mum may like to this for you )
5. Drain water off completely
6.Add one tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper
and Mash together
7. In a cup put a 1/4 cup little milk or cream with a touch of beetroot juice and stir to give a pretty pink colour,
then whip till soft and fluffy!!
HOME MADE PEANUT and sultana BUTTER
• 1½ cups of unsalted roasted peanuts
1 tbsp sultanas (optional)
• 1 tbsp. peanut oil
• food processor (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
• mixing spoon
• storage container
cups and spoons
bread board for chopping
For smooth peanut butter:
1. Mix thepeanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
2. Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
3. Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky and crunchy peanut butter with saltanas:
1. Take about ¼ cup out of your 1½ cups of peanuts and roughly chop (ask Mum to chop) or smash, then set
them aside along with sultanas.
2. Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the
mixture into the food processor.
3. Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in
the peanuts and sultanas that you had set aside.
4. Process a few seconds more to create medium chunky
5. Store your
chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in
the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Prep time: 5 minutes
|Website Software by Aqua Websites|